1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP!!!! wifi problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BQB, Aug 26, 2011.

1. BQB

BQB Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    i falshed my superpad3 flytouch3 with tim 5a rom. and now when i try to connect to wifi it say disconnected. can someone please help me?

here my pad info:
    model number-disco
    android version-android 2.2-20110529
    baseband version-unknown
    kernel version-22.6.32.9
    zjd@dtlinuxserver#29
    built number-frf85b

Advertisement

2. weltall

weltall Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    I know it will sound stupid but can you turn the switch off and on for the wifi? The one that is next to the home and menu buttons. Also its a Superpad 3 which is a clone so there is a possibility that its just built differently than the other disco models? Well don't panic that much at worst you are going to revert back to the stock rom, its not like you bricked your tablet.

BQB likes this.
  3. BQB

BQB Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    i can turn that swich near home button, but it does nothing. were can i get my stock roms?

4. BQB

BQB Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    my pad info before flash:
    model number-disco
    android version-android 2.2-20110316
    baseband version-unknown
    kernel version-2.6.32.9 cao@cao desktop#10
    built number-frf85b

and when my superpad3 was flashing my wifi swich which is near home button was on.
    dont know if that helps

5. richardbe

richardbe Member
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Is your problem now resolved?

6. BQB

BQB Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    No. i still have no wifi connection. and were can i get my stock roms?

7. dart16

dart16 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    Your 'stock rom' is not readily available... no-one else wants to put an old, out-dated and generally useless firmware back on a tablet. Your current firmware revision has nothing to do with your wifi suddenly not working unless you just had a bad flash, have you tried flashing Tims 5a again? If you want to try the latest 'official' firmware and you can't find it on this forum, try looking on apad.tv forum, it's definitely there.

You need to do a bit of research.

Once you come to the realisation that its not your firmware that is at fault, then read the many 'my wifi has stopped working' threads for possible answers to your problem.

JamesDroid and BQB like this.
  8. Pattieman

Pattieman Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    I also have the problem of after flashing having no more Wifi. It is unable to scan for networks. Tried over 9 different types ROM ( custom and hybrid )Wifi switch is ON
    Specs are as mentioned above, but my firmware is 2.2-20110308.
    Please help

9. tornadoltd

tornadoltd Newbie
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    If You have recently bought the Flytouch 3 tablet with DISCO10 model, please check what is the version of Your current firmware.
    If the Android version is:
    2.2-20110803 - it means that You have THE LATEST model, with the THE LATEST version of motherboard signed as:

MID10-IX210-V.2.0
    2011-04-10

UNDER NO ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT USE ANY FIRMWARE FOUND ON THE INTERNET
    as they are to old for Your tablet.

EVEN famous firmware TIM5A is not working properly

WHY ?
    After flashing with a different firmware than factory supplied a WIFI is not working, and it is NOT POSSIBLE to restore WIFI even after re-flashing with the same firmware named: 20110803 which can be found on the Internet as it is for older models.

If You will flash a firmware and lose WiFi connection - THERE IS NO WAY TO RESTORE, YOU MUST SEND THIS TABLET BACK TO A SERVICE for Wifi restoration.

This is NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY, so DO NOT ATTEMPT to flash your tablet.

One way to get WiFi back is to DUMP working sd-card and copy a raw image onto a destination card (You must open a tablet and lose a warranty).

10. Rabid1

Rabid1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    If this is true then that would mean some manufacturer has proprietized the system and would definitely be a manufacturer and reseller who should be avoided at all costs. To put out such a revision without any forewarning is reprehensible. If it were not for customs firmware a large portion of these tablet would no longer be on the market because very few come strong and stable right out of the box. Even CG has admited they are working on a version that will only work with their own OEM or officially supported custom firmware, but they will announce it pre-release.

Truly shady. Who is the manufacturer?

JamesDroid likes this.
  11. richardbe

richardbe Member
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Buy and try Edimax EW-7711UAN?

12. dtlog

dtlog Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    I am assumming the latest FT3 from Chinagrabber does not have this WI-FI problem after flash. Anybody know for sure?

13. richardbe

richardbe Member
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Yes, I am very curious about this aswell? Or does the possible new hardware pose a problem?

14. wa3pnt

wa3pnt Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    I purchased and received my Flytouch 3 Superpad II from China Grabber one week ago.

All functions (GPS, WiFi, Ethernet, Card Readers, Camera, etc.) operated fine with the "stock" Firmware that was in the FT3.

I loaded the Tim5A Firmware, and after running the 2.0M Pixel Camera GSScript, all functions are operational with an increase in the Tablet's speed.

Just a note that although ChinaGrabber Specs stated that the Camera was a 1.3G Pixel unit, it was actually a 2.0M Pixel unit in my FT3.

George

JamesDroid likes this.
  15. dtlog

dtlog Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    To BQB and Pattieman

Where did you buy your tablets from? It would be helpful to others to not buy these tablets.

16. richardbe

richardbe Member
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Can you please make a screenshot of your flytouch 3 specifications? Model, build etc ? Thanks

17. wa3pnt

wa3pnt Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Here is the current screenshot of my About Screen.

WA3PNT_Flytouch3_About.jpg

George

JamesDroid and richardbe like this.
  18. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Just confirmed on apad forum, the Ibex/CG Disco10 model is still fine and can be flashed using tim5a, so it looks like a load of BS by tornado - again, and the cloners have got the cloning process wrong somewhere.

If you end up with one of the fake clones that is not flashable, demand a full refund and complain & complain to paypal, and file for a full refund as the goods are not as promised.

As for P041 models, Ibex will not admit to making a mistake, but they did make an error in judgement in shipping units (facepads) with this FW pre-installed - as soon as they found out other factories were shipping P041 units - they (as in Ibex) no longer support P041 models (as good as they may be as standalones), they do support Disco10 and a new in-house FW soon.

Just ensure you do your homework before purchasing any future models :)

19. dart16

dart16 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    Did you get this off apad site? Have iBex stopped selling what they call the 'facepad' then?

So when they run out of the older FT3 system boards that support the DISCO and DISCO10 firmware and are forced to start supplying the later system boards that everybody else sells with P041 firmware installed, they are going to edit the P041 firmware and call it their own 'propriety' firmware........?? Priceless!

You can't trust ANYTHING coming out of China these days! With the latest batch of DISCO models not accepting Tim's firmware without screwing up the wifi, which, I assume will be because of a hardware change not working with the 3070 drivers from the older constructs, (in much the same way as a hardware change screwed up the camera a few months ago), Tim will be hard pressed to sort out this un-holy mess and prepare the P041 firmware revision to work with the new system boards for iBex/Chinagrabber. Good job someone else is improving the P041 firmware too.

20. richardbe

richardbe Member
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    I just got this reply on my mail regarding flashing the ibex tablets from CG:

Richard,

I would recommend hodling off on that.

There will be a newer version released soon and that one should be okay to install.
    Best Regards,

ChinaGrabber Team
    info@chinagrabber.com

21. cashmkr2001

cashmkr2001 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    I'm having the same problems with my Flytouch 3, bought in from lightinthebox. Wifi worked out of the box, flashed it with Tims Hybrid 5a and wifi stopped working . No matter what I do now, installing different ROMS, reinstalling the original ROM, installing an official Superpad 2/Flytouch 3 ROM the problem remains: no more Wifi. (yes, the hardware switch is on 'on'). I fear that Tornado may be right.

It'd be awesome if someone found a solution to this.

Model: disco
    Android version: 2.2.-20110325
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #21
    Build: FRF85B

tornadoltd likes this.
  22. richardbe

richardbe Member
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Hummm... That's strange. It seems to me that you have the older model version. So the wifi should work on it. Maybe there's something else causing the problem? Also useful... try downloading Wifi analyzer from the android market using another android device and install it on your tablet. It might help for directions.

23. lfc4ever

None

Jul 20, 2011
    Nope - he has a LB model, wifi is now borked forever and only a return to base paid for by the customer and then further postage paid again back to the customer will fix this.

Any unit bought from LB and flashed with tim5a will never be fixed (wifi that is) as at today.

24. cashmkr2001

cashmkr2001 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    ah, we meet again. Thanks for the answers so far lfc4ever, although I would have liked to have received more favorable ones. I consider complaining to LB for not sending me an actual Flytouch and demanding my money back. You think I'll have a chance?

25. lfc4ever

None

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi again.

The name Flytouch means nothing, there is no genuine or original FT, all of the Chinese factories copied & cloned an android tablet and paid nothing to google for any android licence (hence why they do not show up on the apps market as a device etc), and named it "Flytouch". Piled it high - sell it cheap, and make the customer so frustrated if it doesn't work that they just give up. They are not customer oriented - they are bottom dollar orientated and shrug their shoulders at you when you complain, and expect you to pay all shipping costs back. By the time it all works itself out, they will have made a ton of money, customers will feel totally exasperated and pi$$ed off by the whole process, and the factories will just move on to the next big thing, leaving all of us feeling ripped off - again.

It just so happens that Ibex have the best working cloned model so far (and even some of these are not worth the postage that has been paid to get them to the customer), and that they were lucky in that tim created a user rom for that model, it all fell into place for Ibex FT3 to take the lead and for all other factories to try & copy what they did, hardware & FW slight changes (or not cloning to 100% reliability) have shown that some models are just junk, some even worse and just when you thought it was 100% (as in the case with the latest ones from Lite Box etc ) something went wrong in the process and it just doesn't work as expected after all in the end.

Did LB sell you something that was falsely advertised? No - they are too clever for that. They do not have to mention that a rom from somewhere else will not work, just that their version of the FT3 will work out of the box as specified. And it did.

Did LB mention that flashing a rom from elsewhere will invalidate your warranty? Yes - once again they know what they are doing, they just want your money - nothing more, nothing less.

Will you get your money back? I very much doubt it, and I feel for you I really do, but I have said countless times - everybody should do their homework before purchasing to ensure they are getting what they think they are getting.

Sorry :mad:

kcip52 and cashmkr2001 like this.