1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HELP !!!wildfire S internet connection problem..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by parikshithkp, Sep 13, 2011.

1. parikshithkp

parikshithkp Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Mandya,Karnataka,INDIA
    i have been using HTC Wildfire S for a month now.till now i had no issues with the gprs connection through Idea cellular network.today when i switched on the network i wasn't able to connect successfully as the connection grays out showing "turning on..." status.any solution for this ??i tried factory restore also but went in vain :mad: plzz help :(

Advertisement

2. lenocm

lenocm Member
    None

Is it possible there is a temporary problem with network and a GPRS connection isn't available? Have you tried moving to another location where you would access via a different transmitter?

parikshithkp likes this.
  3. parikshithkp

parikshithkp Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Mandya,Karnataka,INDIA
    I guess so!! nope,I haven't tried it with another transmitter.will see if it works..and I hope it's just a network problem :( anyway thanks for the reply :)

4. ter67

ter67 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    hi folks i`m just new to the htc wildfire i am also a new customer with vodafone as the mobile was locked to the v/fone network but my problem is the internet i could get it no probs until i set upo with my new server .i qualified for the freedom pack of txts+mins+internet and the only 1 i cant get is the `net anyone any ideas please ,i have already contacted vodafone and the girl set all my settings and said you should now be able to use the `net on your phone now and when i wsitched of and checked it there was still no internet access anyone help me please ? .

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Silly question, but is mobile internet enabled in Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Network (check the box).

6. lenocm

lenocm Member
    None

What do you mean by this? What setting did you change that caused you to lose internet access?

When you enable Mobile Network it should indicate the type of connection you're getting:

G - GPRS
    E - EDGE
    3G - 3G obviously
    H - HSDPA (fastest)

Is this happening?

7. NJC

NJC Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    Did you already find the solution to your problem ?
    I have the same problem. I want to connect to mobile network but it stays on 'turn on' and it also doesn't switch off.
    Can you help me?

8. lenocm

lenocm Member
    None

Has your phone been configured with your provider's settings - APN (Access Point Name) etc - in the Mobile Networks settings? Are you within range of one of your provider's 3G base stations?