1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Help with 2.15 radio and losing 3g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Germwise, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    A long time ago I upgraded to the 2.15 radio. Everything worked great except for one thing. Occasionally (once every 2-3 days) my 3g goes off and I can't turn it back on. I'll toggle airplane mode to no avail.

Is there a way I can reflash the 2.15 radio?

I wouldn't even mind returning to stock before re-rooting if thats what it takes.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Buffalo
    I had the 2.15 STOCK when I purchased my phone. Had to do the airplane mode trick almost daily. I downgraded to 2.07 and still have issues.

If you go to the Roms section of this forum there's a sticky with a link to a site that has downloads and instructions for flashing radios.

3. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    will changing my rom or going back to stock help at all? i didn't have the problem with 2.0

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Man, so many people with this problem all of a sudden. Anybody try loading up a clean install of 2.2?

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I had to flash 2.07 and don't have any problems now. I flashed 2.05 and 2.15 and had issues with both. I really think it just depends. My advice is to find whatever version happens to work for you in your area and stick with it.

6. khukman

khukman Member

Apr 12, 2010
    I had this same issue. I believe that it was caused by flashing a Sprint-based ROM on my INC. There is a post on XDA that details the steps that have worked for many. Basically, go back to a stock setup ( I went through S-ON, unrooting/Stock RUU). After you do this, do a "Factory data Rest" under Sd and phone storage settings. This forces you to re-program your phone via *228. I tried all of the above and did not do the FDR, and it did nothing. Once I did the reset, apparently it cleared the PRLs and then I reprogrammed it and was back in business. I was ready to send it back and get a replacement (probably with the new SLCD screen which I didn't want), but this took care of it.

After fixing, I re-rooted, and restored a nandroid backup and everything works great!

Best of wishes,

Rob