1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Help with 2.2 and Activesync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidster13, Aug 31, 2010.

1. droidster13

droidster13 Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I just received the 2.2 update today and was looking forward to trying to set up my company email on it as there were improvements in activesync/exchange. Prevously I had to use touchdown (trial edition) because my comapny uses Zimbra and the HTC activesync email accounts did not work correctly with Zimbra ( sent emails would just go to the outbox and stay there, forever). Well, I got email set up and it works. I receive emails and can send emails. However, it seems the when I get emails it does not get sent automatically to my phone. I have to open the app and then it manually sync the emails. I went into settings and even if I set the correct peak times, and tell it to get email as it arrives on peak times, when I go back to receive settings it still says manual. The thing I didn't like about touchdown is that appointments would be on their calendar, not my google calendar. With the HTC email, appointments are on my google calendar, so I have one calendar.

Is there something I am doing wrong, a fix, or workaround?
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. droidster13

droidster13 Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Ha, found my own answer. There is an activesync service in settings>accounts&sync that was turned off. Turned it on and it works like a charm! :)