1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with a few minor issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrClueless, Jun 19, 2011.

1. MrClueless

MrClueless Newbie
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Hi all im new to the forum and i have a couple issues with my sgs2 none major but minor niggles.

1) is there a way to get the music player to recognise all id3 tags, for some reason my sgs2 only shows some id3 music tags for some mp3s and then defaults to the same id3 tag for all other mp3 that i know have been properly tagged?

2) is it possible to get the stock music player to have lock screen interaction like HTC have nicely done with their android handsets?

3) i have all my location based and gps services switched off constantly but google still drains a steady 8 -20% of my battery power, even when i force close it gets restarted automatically. is there a way to stop this?

hope what i said made sense and someone can help me with these ...

Advertisement

2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Strange, mine is fine. Did you sync the music to the phone, or just sideload it? First thing might be to try an alternate player to the stock one. PowerAMP is the best music player on Android, and I also quite like WinAMP, and Ubermusic (currently in alpha, check out the website for LauncherPro Plus to get a download link).

The stock player does have that. If you've changed the lockscreen to another one from the Market, for example the superior Widgetlocker, then you lose that. Both PowerAMP and WinAMP have lockscreen controls.

When you say Google, do you mean the Android OS in the battery stats screen? If so, that is a known bug of Gingerbread, without a fix that I am aware of at the moment. Depending on how your battery life it may not be of any practical importance. Generally most people have found that never using the Social Hub, or freezing it with a Root-only application like Titanium Backup, assists battery life significantly.

Taylor9932 likes this.
  3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

every music app i have tried on android (stock, doubletwist, google music) reads the id3 tags the same. the only problem i had was when my itunes had all my music in m4a. it doesnt read these tags at all.. so i had to convert em all to mp3 (and i converted ID3 tags to v2.4 just to be sure) n every app reads all the titles/artist/art perfectly

MrClueless likes this.
  4. MrClueless

MrClueless Newbie
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Thanks i'm loving poweramp its fantastic and its got the lockscreen interaction i wanted so badly. i was just dumping the files on to sd before but with poweramp i dont seem to have the id3 tags issue.
    sorry i didnt explain other problem, i meant i seem to always have google maps running and sapping between 8 - 30% battery even though i have no gps or location based services switched on.