1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help with a music app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ringo14, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ringo14

ringo14 Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    Ok so my dad has some of his songs on my android phone (samsung vibrant) anyways i downloaded double twist and his music still appears on it , i was wondering what if i deleted his music from double twist from the pc , will it affect his songs on the normal android music player or just double twist?? Or maybe some one can tell me a app that can keeps the songs on the normal android music player but on the new music player i can delete and my songs without affecting the normal android music player.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Just mount the phone as a Disk Drive to your pc, navigate to where you saved your music, and delete the ones you dont want. No need to sync or use any of those programs. I've never had any luck with those syncing programs. When you try to delete thigns, sometiems it deletes them on the device, sometimes on the computer (when you dont want it to), and sometimes both. My opinion, just drag and drop your music onto the card, much simplier.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Is the point of this to get rid of your dad's music from your phone or simply hide it so he can listen when he's got your phone?

4. ringo14

ringo14 Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    Yes just hide , and only can be seen by the default android music player and no other music player

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    that's an interesting question, that I am not sure I have an answer for. Android phones are not designed to be multi-user devices, but with a little work and Tasker, I think you could get something that would do what you want.

The manual way to do it would be to put his music into a folder called DadsMusic and yours into MyMusic on the SD card. Then create an empty file and name it ".nomedia" (no quotes). Put it in your dad's music folder and Android will skip scanning that folder. As it suggests, no media will be listed. When your dad wants the phone, move the file to your folder and re-scan the sd card. His music will show up and your's won't.

If you swap phones a lot, you'll want to automate that with Tasker.

ringo14 likes this.
  6. ringo14

ringo14 Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    Thanks i will try this!!!