• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with a music app

gregsenne

Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Hi,
I need help finding the right app for listening to MP3s on my device (not streaming). I have a Galaxy SIII. The built in music player on my old Evo 4G was perfect, but it seems the app has been updated in my new Galaxy S3 and doesn't work right anymore.

I want an app where my songs are listed in alphabetical order, I can easily get back to the list of songs/artists, and it works with the controls on my bluetooth headset.

I've tried a few apps, here's my complaints so far...
1. Google Play Music (the built in app)

• The songs under each artist are not in alphabetical order. They are seperated by album (which I don't want) but then they don't even seem to be ordered inside each album. It's not alphabetical, and it's not by the Track # either.
  • There's no easy way to get back to my list of music from the app. The best I can do is hit the music squares button, then click artists, and then I'm back at the top of the list. I liked my old Evo where I could hit the back button once to get back to the songs, and back again to get back to the artists.
2. WinAmp

• No matter what I do, my bluetooth controls on my headset do not work with WinAmp. When I'm listening to a song in WinAmp thru my headphones, and hit the Play/Pause button on my headphones, it starts playing whatever is queued in the Google Play app.
  • WinAmp just announced they are shutting down, just a few days ago. Honestly, if I could get my headphone controls to work, I like WinAmp.
3. MediaMonkey

• It's not easy to navigate to a song. When I'm in the now playing screen, I have to hit the list icon (bottom left), press the back button in the top left, then press Artists and Album Artists, find the artist, click Tracks, then find my song. Why can't I just have a list of artists, go straight to a list of songs?

Oh I'm definitely buying this app. The sound quality and the EQ are better than any app I've downloaded yet. I love that it fades between songs and fades on pause/play. The menu is very easy to navigate back to the list of songs. And the widget is the cleanest looking widget I've seen on a music player. And it works with my BT headphones!
Thanks again for the suggestion!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones