1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Help with ABD (not sure if this topic goes here?)

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by MRW1215, Dec 22, 2011.

1. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Okay, so here's the situation. I have a rooted Thunderbolt, which I'm no longer using, as I have a (non-rooted) Galaxy Nexus. I don't current have any interest in rooting my Nexus.

The problem is, on my Thunderbolt, I had tons of games with save files in progress, and I'd like to transfer the data over to my Nexus, so I don't have to start all of them all over again. To my knowledge, though, all apps that backup and restore save data require root, and again, I don't want to root my Nexus right now.

Someone on another forum linked me to these instructions, but I'm not particularly familiar with ADB, so I'm not sure exactly how to do this.

I tried plugging in my Thunderbolt, and I entered "adb devices" to ensure that it recognized my device (it did), and then I ran the exact line of code in the above link (since World of Goo is also one of the games I want to back up save data for), but I kept getting a message that the backup couldn't be found, or something like that.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone able to help me out with this, at all?

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    adb has some escalated privledges but I don't think enough to do what you're attempting unfortunately