• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with ADB drivers to root

mdonodeo

Lurker
Oct 30, 2012
Hello new here..I have a Proscan PLT7035-PL made by Curtis International. I need the drivers to gain root accsss. I need the Windows drivers. I have had no luck with their support. Here are the stats:

RK29SDK
Model PLT7035-PL
Android 4.04
Kernel version 3.0.8+
Build Number rk06

PLEASE ANY HELP! Just the ADB drivers...

Thank you all so much!

-Mike:thinking:

Hello new here..I have a Proscan PLT7035-PL made by Curtis International. I need the drivers to gain root accsss. I need the Windows drivers. I have had no luck with their support. Here are the stats:

RK29SDK
Model PLT7035-PL
Android 4.04
Kernel version 3.0.8+
Build Number rk06

Thank you all so much!

UPDATE :I now have the Google Play store working.

I just picked one of these up yesterday. I rooted and am in the process of getting google play working.

I used the drivers from super one click and then rooted with ics root unlocker 1.0

(If you use ics root unlocker make sure the reboot completes each time before following the press any key prompt or you will end up with a blank screen.)

Upvote 0

RK29SDK
Model PLT7035-PL
Android 4.04
Kernel version 3.0.8+
Build Number rk06

Thank you all so much!

Here is a quote from a tutorial I wrote for a friend:
Step 2 install and configure your ADB USB Drivers (Let the fun begin)

Extract your zip file containing the ADB USB drivers or Install the Android SDK and follow instructions on how to use the SDK manager to download the lastest drivers from google.

Once downloaded edit the inf file (usually named android_winusb.inf)
Add the following under the [Google.NTx86] heading and again under the [Google.NTamd64] heading: (one is for 32bit systems and the other is for 64 bit Systems)

Code:
;ProScan plt-7035
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&REV_0222&MI_01

After saving and exiting. Turn on USB Debugging on your tablet. It is under Settings => Developer Options and is the first option at the top make sure it has a check in the checkbox. Exit the developer screen by pressing back or the home key and plug in your tablet to a usb port on your computer using a micro-USB cable.

Device detection should at this point detect a few devices but at least 1 will fail without drivers. Possibly more on XP systems..

Under Device Manager => Other Devices you should have a device called "PLT7035-PL" use the usb drivers modifed above to install the ADB USB Drivers.
*** Important Note ***
At this point even with the ADB Driver installed ADB will not see the tablet. We have to create or edit the file c:\users\whatever your username is\.android\adb_usb.ini

If you have already run ADB at any time on your system the file and directory should already exist. If not you will need to create the directory and the file.
on a single line simply add this to a blank line in the file and save and exit:
0x2207
This tells ADB to look for that vendor code. (if you allready have ADB on your computer 'adb devices' should now show your tablet.

Upvote 0
I have been exhaustivly searching for a few days on how to root this device. I feel certain that bin4ry will do the job but not if I cannot find drivers. Please advise. I am not the most knowledgeable person but really not a noob either. I started with samsung amire (phone) rooted and rommed it 4 times. I took 2 other tablets that came prerooted (ematic funtabs) and sucessfully got google play to work. The only thing stopping me with this tablet is not being able to root it. This is an 8" tablet running jellybean 4.1.1. I also tried z4root but it runs and nothing ever happens. build number says:
RK292x_Android4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.01rk2928sdk-eng 4.1.1_20130304
I can follow instructions well if I understand them. I saw a link to using google adb drivers for it with small mod but I cant seem to understand all the instructions. If you have rooted a PLT8088 PLEASE HELP!!!
FIXED:
I am an obsessive person and could not stop searching. This fix was an easy one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1967699
PLT8088 successfully rooted using this method. The drivers provided in this thread worked for me! Hope this helps someone else.
Google market confirmed working!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones