1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with ADT in Eclispe

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by jj803, Sep 2, 2012.

1. jj803

jj803 Lurker

I'm currently working on building some apps for the Andriod Market and I'm having trouble with installing ADT for Eclispe when i try to install it it fails. I need help if anyone could help me out i would be very grateful !!

Start Eclipse, then select Help > Install New Software.
    Click Add, in the top-right corner.
    In the Add Repository dialog that appears, enter "ADT Plugin" for the Name and the following URL for the Location:
    https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/
    Click OK.
    n the Available Software dialog, select the checkbox next to Developer Tools and click Next.
    In the next window, you'll see a list of the tools to be downloaded. Click Next.
    Read and accept the license agreements, then click Finish.

when it attempts to install it says this:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: Android Development Tools 20.0.3.v201208082019-427395 (com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.feature.group 20.0.3.v201208082019-427395)
    Missing requirement: Android Development Tools 20.0.3.v201208082019-427395 (com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.feature.group 20.0.3.v201208082019-427395) requires 'org.eclipse.wst.sse.core 0.0.0' but it could not be found

idk what to do someone hlep me plz
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

2. DaSeala

DaSeala Newbie

Be more descriptive on what you are doing and the error being given and such, screenshots are a great help

3. DaSeala

DaSeala Newbie

I am 90% sure that it has to do with the version of Eclipse you are running. I'm guessing you are probably using Classic Eclipse.
    You should use the latest version, 32 bit Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers, found here:
    Eclipse Downloads

If running Windows 7, be sure to right click and choose Run as Admin
    Then try installing ADT again as found in the android developers documentation

Have you installed the Android SDK and updated everything to Revision 20?

4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

You do NOT need the EE version... I don't know where this rumor started, but it is not true... You DO need the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers though. In all actuality, however, even classic should work provided you first download the java language plugins from eclipse's repo. It also should be mentioned that the 32-bit version is NOT required... 64-bit works just fine.

EDIT: Also, moved to Dev 101.

5. jj803

jj803 Lurker

Once I install Eclispe IDE Java Developers, where do I find the java language plugins from eclipse repo??

and yes I have Andriod SDK, and idk about the update thing.

6. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

If you install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, the plugins should already be installed. You only need to manually download the Java plugins if you downloaded Eclipse Classic. What you need to do is install the Android Development Tools (ADT) eclipse plugins.

7. chakdev

chakdev Newbie

I hope you have already figured this issue out by now. The reason you ran into that error is because you're missing a component in Eclipse.. To fix this, go to Help > Install New Software,

Select the repo for the version of your Eclipse, for example mine is a Juno, so I select
    Juno Software Repository

You'll need to install WST Server Adapter from Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Development.

I did not run into this issue when I was installing the SDK on Indigo though. Not sure why.