1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with Android Optimus Exceed 2?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Dashtheraichu, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Dashtheraichu

Dashtheraichu Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2016
    Manufacturer: LG
    Model: Optimus exceed 2?
    Software version: Android 4.4.2 kitkat
    Specifications of the problem: Message saying "Unfortunately, com.android.systemui has stopped."
    Rooted?: No, it is unrooted

This is the first time I have been to this website, but I'm getting desperate, so please bear with me! If this isn't in the right spot, please let me know and I can try to fix it. I'm not very experienced in Androids, or any types of phones I suppose. Our device has been a very, very good phone for a first time android user. It was my mother's first android, we've owned this device for two years, never had any trouble with it. We had been trying to get a mobile hotspot working so I can use her data for my device. It had worked, so we turned it off, but when we went to turn it back on it had messed back up and we called to Verizon tech support.

The guy knew NOTHING of what he was doing, was clueless as heck. He had made my mother go to a place with process's running and force stop a whole bunch of them, and didn't even fix our problem. Afterwards, we have gotten nothing but trouble since then. Unfortunately, google play store has stopped. unfortunately, messenger has stopped. Things like that have been coming up, until my mother came home from work late Wednesday night. After a bit, I had opened her phone up so I could search something up, and we got another one of those. Unfortunately, com.android.systemui has stopped. We have never seen this error before at all, but once we had clicked the OK button the notification bar with the time and all had disappeared. I have tried everything I can think of, with searches and all too. Got it into safe mode, it didn't stop. Cleared the cache, didn't fix it. Finally, we got to un-mount her micro-sd card and then went to factory reset her phone. We are now currently stuck at the setup wizard, unable to get past the select your language screen because of that darn systemui crashing.

We have already got a new phone for my mother, since she cannot be without a phone, but I really like the phone that is messed up. It's in really good condition, it's just this problem with the systemui crashing that is what we cannot get past. It is an unrooted phone, no idea what the firmware version is, but I would love to manage to get this phone fixed. Has anybody here heard of this problem before, or know what to do to fix it? I can give more information, and photos taken of the message as well if needed. Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Hi. Maybe I can help. This procedure can be a little frustrating.

1. Power off the device.
    2. Remove battery.
    3. Hold power button for 10 seconds.
    4. Replace battery.
    5. Hold power and volume - until a white screen shows.
    6. Use volume rocker and highlight "wipe cache partition".
    7. Use power to select.
    8. When wipe is completed select reboot.
    9. Wait and see if problem is fixed. :)