• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with App for Rooted Phone

mistermsk

Apr 20, 2011
Hi All,

I had to go back to cricket and get another phone (not a root issue that caused the problem). Anyway, I had this program that you could freeze programs instead of uninstalling them. I can't remember what it was called. Anyone remember this? You also could uninstall system apps as well.

Na. It is a free one. I found it. It is called AntTek App Manager [root].

I like it because you can back up every package onto your SD card and reinstall them if needed. Also, you can free a program.

BE WARNED. I would not do any system (sys) level packages.

Give you an example. Say, you are running Open Home (the LG Home replacement) and you freeze or uninstall LG Home. Then you do the reset (Volumn Down, Home, and Power Button). The Setup will not finish and you will not see any icons. Basically making it so you could not use the phone any more).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones