• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with app testing

softarn

Lurker
Jun 17, 2010
Hi!

I've just started developing for android and have released my first app. I'm getting some bug reports about the app not registering shots, like you tap the screen 10 times put the player only shot 9, and the evo 4g seems to have these problems, so please help me!

The app:
Search for: "Trigger frenzy paintball" on the android market.

Or scan this
chart

Before you answer these questions, please make sure that you are only touching the screen with one finger at a time.

1. How fast were you able to shoot?

2. Does it feel like the app isn't registering shots?

3. If you can try this app at another phone model, what phone did you try it on? Did it feel like it registered shots better?

Thank you for your help!

1. How fast were you able to shoot?
I did the 30 second frenzy and got...
Balls Fired 189
Average BPS 6.3
Highest BPS 8
Lowest BPS 4
2. Does it feel like the app isn't registering shots?
Played the other options a few times. It's not hitting where I'm tapping at all. It takes about 5 shots to the guy before one will hit him in the mask. The other 4 will be all over the bag, even though my finger never moved from his face

Reactions: softarn
Upvote 0
I did the 30 second frenzy and got...
Balls Fired 189
Average BPS 6.3
Highest BPS 8
Lowest BPS 4

Played the other options a few times. It's not hitting where I'm tapping at all. It takes about 5 shots to the guy before one will hit him in the mask. The other 4 will be all over the bag, even though my finger never moved from his face
The snap frenzy mode is a bit misleading, it doesn't matter where on the screen you tap. Its just for training you fingers to do short bursts. The two first shot will go on the bunker, and the last on the players mask. I've updated the description to clarify that, thank you!

But you don't experience any loss of shots? Like if you tap the screen 10 times but it only registers 9?

Upvote 0
WOOOOOOOOT!!!!! I play pump now in this economy but it's good to see I can still get a constant 13bps stream when needed ;)

1. Max BPS: 13
2. Yes, sometimes. But it's me microscopically barely having two fingers on the screen at once as one lifts and the other hits. No biggie :)
3. I'm using it on my Droid and clearly understand the warning before installing about lag issues. I don't think I noticed it much, if at all. Maybe rooting+overclocking will solve any lag?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones