1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with ascend and voice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcmurp, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jcmurp

jcmurp Member
    None

Hi everyone
    Well I got an Ascend today (new to me) and was wondering if it is posible and if so how to make it speak commands like when you tell it to call someone and it will speak it. As I said totaly new to the android ascend. It is a metro ascend. Also any other neat features?
    thanks

Advertisement

2. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Welcome to the forum!
    you can bring up the voice dialer by holding down the call button, or you can find it in the app drawer.:)

3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    welcome to AF, best thing for this phone is to install cm6/7 you want regret it...:cool:

4. jcmurp

jcmurp Member
    None

thanks that helps and will download the other. but can the phone speak back?

5. jcmurp

jcmurp Member
    None

So, Was going to upgrade the phone. So downloaded an app angrybirdsbackup as someone had recomended to backup my apps and contacts. Says not installed. Any other good free backup apps out there to do this that you would recomend? Sorry just new to the android thing. Also is 2.3 stable or can it run it properly? I guess that is the link above for it right?
    right now it is running 2.1 update 1

6. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    I'm sure there are other backup apps out there, but I've always used Titanium Backup. Before I flash a new ROM, I'll move the Titanium Backup folder on my sdcard to my computer, then move it back when I'm done. Just don't try to restore system data, it won't like it. Even some of the app data may act buggy. Not a big issue, though.

To back up your contacts, make sure you're syncing contacts with your Google account. You'll always have the backup, it will always be updated, and it is synced with your gmail account, so you can sync them with any Android phone as well as various computer programs and utilities.

If you're getting ready to flash a new ROM, just remember to read the guides fully first, so you have a decent idea of what's going on.

nuttmeg likes this.
  7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    you can click the link in my siggy, cm6 is 2.2 and cm7 is 2.3 and those are custom build roms with lots of tweaks and add on features.