• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with boot logo

mikel1982

Apr 19, 2012
I have custom boot animations & custom power up & down sounds. I am wanting to do a couple things here change the boot logo, Power down animation & find a place to download Boot animations & sound files. Here's the deal I have Clockwork mod recovery I am running a the stock rom I have downloaded one of Ziggy's custom boot logos on my sd card. I was wondering if I could flash this logo (install zip through clockworkmod) on my stock rom or would I have go into root explorer & change some file names. The power down animation I need to know what are the location of the files and the name of the power down animation files so I can change them.
Thank you ALL
:thinking:Mikel1982:eek:

I have custom boot animations & custom power up & down sounds. I am wanting to do a couple things here change the boot logo, Power down animation & find a place to download Boot animations & sound files. Here's the deal I have Clockwork mod recovery I am running a the stock rom I have downloaded one of Ziggy's custom boot logos on my sd card. I was wondering if I could flash this logo (install zip through clockworkmod) on my stock rom or would I have go into root explorer & change some file names. The power down animation I need to know what are the location of the files and the name of the power down animation files so I can change them.
Thank you ALL
:thinking:Mikel1982:eek:

I'm with you on that if we could get a guide for were all the files are at. Using root explorer and get it put in the root guide.

Upvote 0
Towards the end of this guide there is an install guide for splash logos and animations.

If you don't find your answers there, feel free to check out my installation instructions in my custom boot thread.

EDIT: I have never messed with the power down animations or sounds, although I know they are both easy to accomplish. And where to install it depends on the type of file it is. Check to see if it is flashable and then read the install instructions carefully. You can find them randomly all over the place. Just do searches through the forums and you should find some stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones