1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with boot loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CrimsonToker, Jan 9, 2016.

1. CrimsonToker

CrimsonToker Android Expert

My M8 (VenomRom) has a broken power button, which has been causing some weird issues. I can't bring up the power menu when I want, but sometimes it will pop up on its own and refuse to go away. Also, when it is in hboot, as soon as I scroll down one option, to recovery, the power button will hit and send it to recovery. Except right after it says entering recovery mode, it goes black screen, and the normal boot up process starts. It then hangs on the Team Venom screen. If I can't enter recovery and I can't boot up, how do I fix it??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CrimsonToker

Clarification: it won't even stay powered off. So running an RUU bricked it before, because it tried to reboot itself almost right after the RUU started. I just got it back out of the shop and it was working fine for two days. I don't know how they fixed it.

3. saltire

saltire Android Expert

@CrimsonToker Meant to come back to you on this, you still hanging with this? Is it definitely a power button issue, and every so often the phone thinks you've long-pressed and will reboot? If you get it in to the bootloader fastboot mode - this may be best done via adb when the phone is on - will it stay there? Do you have a Win PC and adb/fastboot tools - if not you can find the tools here:

ADB Guide (updated 2014/11/11)

which also has instructions for set up.

Check phone is recognised by opening a command prompt and typing:

adb devices

should return your phone's serial number.

Then type:

adb reboot bootloader

should hopefully get you in to bootloader, so we can then try a few fastboot commands.

If recovery won't load, can try clearing the cache out:

fastboot erase cache

then try to load recovery.

4. CrimsonToker

awesome! thank you. I can't try it right now, but I will try this out later today and get back to you. I do have the full abd/sdk tools installed.

saltire likes this.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews