• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with buying a new Verizon phone

AMaine

Aug 10, 2010
Hello everyone!

I'm contemplating an upgrade and would love to get my phone outside of a Verizon store/website. However, I can't seem to find a list of what phones work with Verizon and don't feel like comparing stats on every single phone I'm considering. Shouldn't there be a list of compatible phones somewhere?? Can someone help me with this?

I'd also be happy to take suggestions on an affordable phone with good stats (good battery life being one of my main priorities) that will work on the Verizon network. Any help appreciated!! Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I'm contemplating an upgrade and would love to get my phone outside of a Verizon store/website. However, I can't seem to find a list of what phones work with Verizon and don't feel like comparing stats on every single phone I'm considering. Shouldn't there be a list of compatible phones somewhere?? Can someone help me with this?

I'd also be happy to take suggestions on an affordable phone with good stats (good battery life being one of my main priorities) that will work on the Verizon network. Any help appreciated!! Thanks!
Verizon phones are a bit different as the compatibility goes,so,typically,a Verizon Branded phone is your best bet.

As for comparing stats,PhoneArena has a comparison guide:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones

For any questions regarding compatibility with Verizon,use this guide:
http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Moto X Pure Edition will all work. If your current phone has a nano sim just pop it in and be on your way!
I would check swappa as mentioned above, ask questions and make an offer. You can sometimes get a nice deal.

I've been with Verizon 20+ years, and it is hard to find a CDMA phone that works on VZW bands if it is not Verizon branded.

The post quotes list just about all of the unbranded phones that will work on VZW.

If you have the itch to root, do not buy a VZW phone with Lollipop, it won't root, period.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Thank you all! This is very helpful info!

I do not have a nano SIM at the moment and I'm really leaning toward the Nexus 5x. However, I DO have a friend who works at Verizon, so he could probably activate one for me if I understand what I've read correctly. Does that sound right?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones