1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with buying a new Verizon phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by AMaine, Feb 6, 2016.

1. AMaine

AMaine Newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm contemplating an upgrade and would love to get my phone outside of a Verizon store/website. However, I can't seem to find a list of what phones work with Verizon and don't feel like comparing stats on every single phone I'm considering. Shouldn't there be a list of compatible phones somewhere?? Can someone help me with this?

I'd also be happy to take suggestions on an affordable phone with good stats (good battery life being one of my main priorities) that will work on the Verizon network. Any help appreciated!! Thanks!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by Clementine_3, Feb 6, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

AZgl1500 and KOLIO like this.
  4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

AZgl1500 and KOLIO like this.
  5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Verizon phones are a bit different as the compatibility goes,so,typically,a Verizon Branded phone is your best bet.

As for comparing stats,PhoneArena has a comparison guide:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones

For any questions regarding compatibility with Verizon,use this guide:
    http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Jfalls63 likes this.
  6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Moto X Pure Edition will all work. If your current phone has a nano sim just pop it in and be on your way!
    I would check swappa as mentioned above, ask questions and make an offer. You can sometimes get a nice deal.

7. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I've been with Verizon 20+ years, and it is hard to find a CDMA phone that works on VZW bands if it is not Verizon branded.

The post quotes list just about all of the unbranded phones that will work on VZW.

If you have the itch to root, do not buy a VZW phone with Lollipop, it won't root, period.

KOLIO likes this.
  8. AMaine

AMaine Newbie

Thank you all! This is very helpful info!

I do not have a nano SIM at the moment and I'm really leaning toward the Nexus 5x. However, I DO have a friend who works at Verizon, so he could probably activate one for me if I understand what I've read correctly. Does that sound right?

Thanks again!

9. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

any Verizon retailer will activate it for you, no charge

or, you can call 611 from a different VZW phone, or call VZW CS from a landline.
    they will ask you a few ??? and then you are set to go.

If you already have a VZW web account set up, you can do it yourself.

KOLIO likes this.