• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with calendar alarm/snooze

JesseKnows

May 2, 2014
The native snooze in the Valiant is sub-helpful: if I did not attend to it, it does not buzz again. I only found one way to get a second snooze, which is to wake the phone and go to the calendar item and set another snooze.

Before the Valiant I used a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Android 2.3). It came with great calendar alarm snoozing facility, which I believe is the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitfire.development.calendarsnooze (from memory, Id' say the screen shots look identical). The Samsung kept buzzing if ignored.

I installed this app on the Valiant, and it seems to do nothing. I never saw any alert from it, even after a reinstall and some poking into the settings.
I sent an email to the app maker and did not receive a reply. Their app store entry is 2 years old.

Any thoughts? I need the calendar to notify more than once on upcoming events.

???

Are you saying if you 'snooze' an active alarm, it never buzzes again?

Mine does not act that way.

I use the Clock app it came with. If I hit snooze as the alarm is sounding, it silences the alarm for 10 minutes.

I use the calendar app to set alarms more than a week in advance. I think the calendar app 'snooze' is what your complaint is about (personal experience). To get around it, I just set it to remind me multiple times.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply. Here is another attempt to explain:
I use the calendar app to get appointments from my corporate Outlook system.
Once an appointment alerts me, I get the vibrate/tone on the phone. If I do nothing at this point, the phone does nothing. I do not get an additional vibrate or tone unless I turn the phone on and communicate with the app.
I want (and previously had) an automatic snooze. If I ignore the alert I want it to nudge me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones