1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with chosing which Xoom to keep ..... screen issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by allenpaul75, Apr 15, 2011.

1. allenpaul75

allenpaul75 Lurker

OK so I had purchased a Xoom wifi only about a week ago from Staples and noticed the other day that I had a stuck white single pixel so I was comparing my wife's wifi only Xoom to mine and I noticed that her screen has darker blacks and a pinkish tint to all her whites where mine has brighter all around colors and a very small hint of green to my whites , but my whites with are truely more white by far. So I went and purchased another Xoom to have a third to compare before I returned mine , the third one also has the pinkish tints to the white , also the display at Best Buy had the pink tint to the whites. So my question is do you think there is something wrong with my screen since I don't have the pink tint to my screen ? To be honest I like the way my colors are brighter and more true whites but i was worried that the stuck pixel would cause more to get stuck or get worse etc. I am just wondering if I should exchange it thinking my screen is bad or something. Is it possible that my screen was made at a different time or something. Curious to know if anyone here has the pink tint or greenish. Also the blacks n my wife's and the other Xoom almost seem to black with what ever color temp those units are using. Please help me decide any input would be apreciated thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. etacarinae

etacarinae Newbie

I

I got a. Verizon version last. month and don't have any pink or greenish tint when compared to the white. Just true colors. Is there a adjustment you

3. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast

A couple things:

There are settings for the brightness of the units. They may just have different defaults when adjusting to ambient light. Just a thought.

Secondly, my guess is that your wife never noticed the color variation before you did a side-by-side. You likely wouldn't have noticed it either (at least I'm assuming I wouldn't). So, you'll probably never notice the color variation if that is all you have in front of you.

I WOULD however fixate on a stuck pixel.