1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help with contacts

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by daveymoll, Jan 6, 2012.

1. daveymoll

daveymoll Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    When im in a contact I can view things like call history, sms history e mail etc, but in the Updates and events area is where im not sure. In this area under events I can view Birthdays etc, but not sure what would normally trigger the box below "Updates" all my contacts have "no updates". Can anyone tell me what type of updates would typically land in this area.
    Thanks
    davey

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    These are for when you have synced their Facebook or Twitter accounts I'd imagine. My phone's contacts says Activities for that.

3. daveymoll

daveymoll Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Appreciate your response, your quite right today not sure why, but all my facebook contact updates are appearing in this window which is great. Whats bugging me is ive been trying loads of settings today, but dont know what has caused it to work. Do you know what / where the settings are to activate this feature.

Thanks
    davey

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Normally there is a setting somewhere that asks about linking contacts and you can choose to link to your social media accounts. This feature is useful if you have your contacts app populating from different source accounts e.g gmail, phone, sim, facebook etc as it will match contacts for you so that you don't have duplicate entries. Usually in your Contacts app there is a 'view' option and from there you will see what sources are available to you for populating your Contacts list.

Hope that makes sense?