• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with custom recovery

juchito

May 8, 2011
I have a Lg optimus m (2.2 stock) i root the phone with gingerbreak v1.20 and is rooted, Superuser is there and working. I download the custom recovery and put it in the sdcard, when i open the android terminal emulator i type su and work then i type just like it say in the post (flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-optm-2.2.1-GNM.img) I try like this also lower case and always say not found. What is wrong???

I have a Lg optimus m (2.2 stock) i root the phone with gingerbreak v1.20 and is rooted, Superuser is there and working. I download the custom recovery and put it in the sdcard, when i open the android terminal emulator i type su and work then i type just like it say in the post (flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-optm-2.2.1-GNM.img) I try like this also lower case and always say not found. What is wrong???

I believe you can use rom manager for the optimus m, I used to use an app called recovery manager to flash back and forth between 3 or 4 recovery images on mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h3uo0wwmmthlwo/RecoveryManager_v0.37b.apk

hope this helps

Reactions: juchito
Upvote 0
I believe you can use rom manager for the optimus m, I used to use an app called recovery manager to flash back and forth between 3 or 4 recovery images on mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h3uo0wwmmthlwo/RecoveryManager_v0.37b.apk

hope this helps

Brooklyn227 is correct; you can use ROM Manager on your OM. It will be the recovery for the Cricket version of the OM, but it's identical in every way. I can't remember the exact model number but it's something like LW690 instead of MS690. You will flash it twice (make sure you are on wifi to do it).

Reactions: juchito
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Never had that problem, try this port maybe.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/517309-rom-sap-backside-cm7-2-port.html

It's about the most stable and up to date rom for the optimus m.

Thanks a lot it worked... I have another issue, After installing the custom recovery I went ahead and install cm7 by reppard, Everything seems good except that when I press camera to obviously take a picture it reboot the phone, Any idea how to fix this?

I remember having that problem occasionally. It also happened when I'd open and use Google Maps, sometimes. I think it's just a matter of small amount of RAM. The Reppards CM7 was the ROM of choice for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones