• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help With Data Recovery

I have an HTC One M9 that is failing to boot up now that I need the data off of. Also it had a very important recording on it that was apparently written over by the app that I desperately need recovered if at all possible. Can anyone tell me which companies are the best at data recovery on Android phone especially HTCs?
Thanks in Advance.

Is it completely dead, like fried, or just firmware bricked? Because that might decide what your data recovery options are. There's things like http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/ which I believe are one of best and long established for forensic level chip-off or JTAG data recovery.

Be aware if data has been written over in flash memory there's absolutely no chance of recovering it, it's gone. Also if the internal storage was encrypted, and if you don't have the key, there's almost no chance of recovering it, maybe ask the CIA?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones