• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help With Decisions

omnicronx

Lurker
Mar 6, 2010
I am getting ready to leave AT&T. Love what I have seen with the android phones. I want to go to verizon as I have heard horror stories of TMobile here in the US. My options are get the droid or wait until the Nexus One comes out. I like the Nexus One form factor but am very concerned with the multi touch issues and the fact that google handles everything online. I am concerned that if it breaks or is defective I will just be out the money. Any thoughts or insights?

People who've experienced hardware defects haven't had much problem replacing it. Hell, there's one guy who's not even in the US, who posted on xda-developers who bought his through an ebay seller (!) and bricked it after rooting and flashing a radio image, but HTC still sent him a replacement. Short of taking a hammer to the phone and leaving obvious damage, I don't think you'll have much trouble with it especially if you live in the States.

Go for the N1. The multi-touch "issue" isn't a day-to-day problem and may come up only if you're trying to play Guitar Hero on it or something. The Droid's bulky, currently behind in updates, and will stay behind in updates forever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones