• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with disabling the Android keyboard

Cheshire

Lurker
May 6, 2010
I d/l the Shapewriter Keyboard so I can swipe while texting, but I need to disable the Android keyboard for it to work. The problem is that I can't find where to disable it.

I am using Android 1.5 and I read on a post that I need to go through Settings/Locale & Text and there should be an option to disable the Android Keyboard, but there isn't. Even after I install the Shapewriter Keyboard the only keyboard showing is the default.

Help?

I had this same problem when I demoed SlideIT keyboard. First, go into Settings/Locale & Text and make sure the Shapewriter Keyboard is enabled. Then open up Messages. Press and hold on either the To: box or the Tap to compose box and a dialog box should pop up. Press Select Input Method and then choose the Shapewriter keyboard option. You can quickly change back to the Sense keyboard using the same procedure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones