• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with email!!!

dhamway

Lurker
Jul 18, 2011
Hi everyone - this is my first post so hopefully it is in the right place.

I just got the Droid Charge and I am having some problems with my email. Hopefully I can explain this correctly.

1.) I am receiving emails on my phone (verizon.net account) and it takes forever to get to me. Sometimes, I have to open op the email app and click "Refresh" for it to come. HELP!!

2.) Emails i received on my phone and read are being removed once I open up Outlook at home. Isn't it supposed to stay on my phone even when I open up my email? It seems that when I open up Outlook at home, all the emails I saved on my phone get removed because they "downloaded". Is this normal? How do I keep emails on my phone even after opening Outlook??? HELP!!

3.) As for deleting them on the server, I know K-9 works. I installed it and can't figure out whether I like it or not.

I NEED HELP!!! THANKS ALL!!

1. How long does it take for the emails to come through? What is your poll time set to?

2. Just opening Outlook shouldn't delete the emails. However, if you delete the emails in Outlook, there's a good chance of them being deleted on the phone. After deleting the email, the phone polls and sees that the email no longer exists, so it wipes it off the phone. This depends on what protocol, IMAP or POP3, you're using to check your email, also.

3. I'm not sure what you're asking here. I use K-9 for push mail on 9 accounts. I have never had a problem with it, and unlike the default mail program (from FroYo 2.2 on my old Droid2, at least), it actually deletes the emails server-side.

Upvote 0
Cilraaz - first of all thanks for the quick reply!!

1.) There isn't a setting on my Droid Charge email for "Polling". Am I missing something? Where is it? The K-9 app has that but I don't want to really use it.

2.) Yes, opening up Outlook simply removes all of the email on my phone. It is the WEIRDEST thing. When Outlook downloads all the messages, the emails are removed from my phone. My email is Verizon email.

If I can fix this issue where the email comes in realtime (like its supposed to) and also leaving it on my phone, that would be great!!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone - this is my first post so hopefully it is in the right place.

I just got the Droid Charge and I am having some problems with my email. Hopefully I can explain this correctly.

1.) I am receiving emails on my phone (verizon.net account) and it takes forever to get to me. Sometimes, I have to open op the email app and click "Refresh" for it to come. HELP!!

2.) Emails i received on my phone and read are being removed once I open up Outlook at home. Isn't it supposed to stay on my phone even when I open up my email? It seems that when I open up Outlook at home, all the emails I saved on my phone get removed because they "downloaded". Is this normal? How do I keep emails on my phone even after opening Outlook??? HELP!!

3.) As for deleting them on the server, I know K-9 works. I installed it and can't figure out whether I like it or not.

I NEED HELP!!! THANKS ALL!!
1. Not sure what is happening here. If your verizon.net is push email they should show up instantly. Verizon should be able to help.

2. If you have Outlook set to download all email to your computer WITHOUT leaving a copy on the server it makes sense that the email on your phone would be gone. Your phone only sees whats on the email server. If the email is downloaded to your computer there is nothing left for your phone email app to see.

3. N/A

I admin the email at work. Some of our employees has exchange accounts and others use pop account. I have to manually configure Outlook/Outlook Express to either leave a copy of the email on the server or not depending on their position in the company.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones