1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help With Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bedroom Eyes, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Bedroom Eyes

Bedroom Eyes Well-Known Member

So as of more recently, my phone has been acting kinda buggy. I've had the 2.3.5 update since mid January, and as of February or early March, it's been acting up. What happens, is the screen will just stop working, and the phone will either need to be left alone for about ten minutes, or I'll need to take the battery out and soft reset. I've noticed this screen issue mostly after making calls and having the sensor in the earpiece turn off my screen, when the screen comes back on, it's unresponsive. This has only happened since 2.3.5. I've tried removing apps and re-installing them, and nothing has helped so I've decided to take the route of a factory reset.
    Could anyone give me a decent step by step guide at backing up my data (contacts[I need to keep these], photos, apps, passwords, etc) and then performing the reset?
    I've read on HTC.com that this can be done by going into settings, OR pressing the volume and power buttons? Which one should I do, and how should I back up my contacts and stuff? Anything will help!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bedroom Eyes

Determined that it's likely a hardware issue, or an issue with the 2.3.5 update after running in safe mode for a while :(

3. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Your contacts will be backed up to your Google account (you can double check this by going to settings > accounts and sync > google and checking that the 'sync contacts' box is ticked.) They should also back up your app data too, but i'm not so sure how reliable it is. Unfortunately I don't know how to backup apps from a non rooted phone, sorry :( In theory, Google should also backup your wifi passwords and some other similar data but it's never worked for me.

If there's anything else you need let me know :)

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

A list of the apps that you have downloaded is available on Play (menu=>my apps) - I believe any paid apps may even start to download automatically (not 100% on that though). It would only be app data that you would loose which, as CDPlant says, I am not sure if you can back up without being rooted :(

5. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Just found MyBackup on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackup&hl=en which says (quoted from the description)

"MyBackup and MyBackup Pro will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not.
    Backup (with schedule option) to our online secure servers, or SD card, your Applications, Photos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, SMS (text messages), MMS, Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Music Playlists, and more"

So might be worth giving the free version a go and see if it works :)

D-U-R-X likes this.
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Sounds like a most useful app :)

7. Bedroom Eyes

Did the factory reset, everything seems to be working well. The only issue is that with the backup app, not every message or contact was saved.. So I'm going to have to send out a message on my facebook or something to get them back

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews