• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with 'Favourite Conteacts'

Andy_Elvis

May 18, 2010
Hey all!

Got my legend today and loving it!

the only problem i have at the minute is that the 'people' widget doesn't want to find any of my contacts when I search for them, which is frustrating

any tips / reccomended apps?

cheers all!

**BTW I've just realised I've spelt contacts wrong in the title.....*

I found it much easier to sort out my contacts using gmail rather than on my phone. Then using the phone, link the contacts to facebook so that profile pics are pulled across.

If you create a group called 'favourites' in your gmail contacts, then when you create the people widget on your phone set it to use 'favourites'.

I actually prefer to use inividual shortcuts rather than the people widget, just something about that widget that I don't like, can't put my finger on it. If you want to do this, just click on the + button > shortcut > person. I have about a dozen on one home screen and it looks much cleaner than the people widget in my opinion.

Upvote 0
thanks for that, i'm using the short-cutted people now =P

however none of them have pictures, can I take a picture of them / get a picture of them and save it to the contact? or do i have to do lots of google stuff?

*** HELP ***

My messages program takes me to a call that ended earlier today...it doesn't want to show me my actual messages...how can i fix this? (I pressed the back button a few times to get there because i thought it'd take me to my inbox)

Upvote 0
thanks for that, i'm using the short-cutted people now =P

however none of them have pictures, can I take a picture of them / get a picture of them and save it to the contact? or do i have to do lots of google stuff?

On the phone, take a picture then tap on it once it comes up in the bottom right corner, then press menu > set as > contact icon. Or you can go to the contact, tap on edit contact, then tap on the little camera icon in the top left. You should be able to select pictures, either ones you've taken with the phone or ones you've loaded from your computer.

If you use facebook you can go to the contact then click on link in top right corner and link to facebook, sometimes it'll do it for you but sometimes you have to select the right person from you facebook contacts. It'll then use their facebook profile picture. Pretty neat.

*** HELP ***

My messages program takes me to a call that ended earlier today...it doesn't want to show me my actual messages...how can i fix this? (I pressed the back button a few times to get there because i thought it'd take me to my inbox)

By messages program do you mean the widget? I just use the messages program and I've not had any problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones