• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Fennec

Meesta_Hajj

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have tried to compile and build Fennec manually using the instructions on the MozillaWiki (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android#Download_Source_Code )? One of my projects at work was to do that, but I ran into problems and was never actually able to build it.

I also tried downloading the Ubuntu 10.04 VM that was mentioned in a link (Android Development VM Brad's blog) on the MozillaWiki which supposedly had all the necessary files to make the apk file. Unfortunately, when all was said and done, it generated a .tar.gz file instead of the .apk file that I could push unto my phone.

Anyway, has anyone here had any luck with getting it to work?

Thanks in advance,

Meesta_Hajj

(btw, sorry if this was the wrong section to post this...if it is than can a mod move it plz? :D)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones