• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with file conversion?

Loliem

Lurker
Mar 31, 2018
Is there any way for me to convert a video file into a .all file so that when I install the .all file as an app, it will play the file's video and audio while having the data for both files in the app itself. What I mean there is that I would like to be able to transport the file and then view it ofline, and still have it work, the video file still being, in essence, still in the app. I need to do this for a client and this is a little outside of my area of expertise. The only technology I have access to at the moment is my android tablet, due to the fact that my computer went bust, so I need to be able to do this on my android. The less software I have to download, the better. Sorry if I'm being too picky here. Can anyone help? ~Befuddled

Hmmm.... You can't install any file type other than .apk files as apps.
You can however, open any video file using a video player app. If your video cannot be played on your phones video player then you can download VLC Media Player from Play Store, it supports most video formats.
(I don't know what .all files are, but any video file type, like .mp4 can be opened in VLC Media Player)
But if what you wanted is an app that plays a video as soon as its opened, then you'll have to make one.

Reactions: Loliem
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones