1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with files by google

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by addermc, Jan 24, 2020.

1. addermc

addermc Newbie

Use the app files by google mainly because it was the easiest to understand then one day I tried to move something to the SD card and message flashed'error unknown couldn't move file', and haven't been able to use that again. And nothing shows in SD card files using the app. Have no idea even what's on card anymore. Any apps similar?

Advertisement

2. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator

Wonder if it's an app cache issue. Have you tried going into the device settings > applications > clear cache (and anything else) for the Files by Google App?

It's been awhile since I've used Files by Google... is any login required? If so it could be a token issue- try logging in/out of the app and in/out of your Google account.

Assuming Files by Google is just borkin' on you and you're ready to move on, what are the primary features you would want in an alternative/replacement app?

MoodyBlues and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Install any file manager from the play store

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Sounds like your SD card may have died or become corrupted. Can you try reading it in a different device? If it fails there, too...not good.

If you can read it elsewhere, or you simply want to try a different file manager, there are many good ones in the Play Store. One I like is Explorer. It not only connects easily to my LAN, and cloud accounts, but it lets you assign your own icons. (This is not the same as using a different icon pack.) These are my directory icons:

Screenshot_20200124-124636.png

Let us know what happens!

ocnbrze likes this.