1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with finding "Tools" on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ron Kappes, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Ron Kappes

Ron Kappes Lurker

I want to set up secure password recovery for my Roboform account & I was directed to go the "Tools" menu. Where can I find that, if it exists.
    Thanks

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

It sounds like something in the settings of the Roboform app/website, not the device itself.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Ron Kappes

Ron Kappes Lurker

Thanks for replying. I havent' installed RF on my android because I Iost the RF desktop pswd a few months ago (long story) with all my data. At this point, I have to set up a new account & start from scratch. I haven't done that yet so I can't install the Roboform app on my android. I realized that after I posted it. That's probably where "tools" is.

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Isn't there a password recovery system?

5. Ron Kappes

Ron Kappes Lurker

Only if you set one up BEFORE you lose it. There are several options. The simplest one is to export all your data, passwords, etc to a CSV file. It's a tedious job to fill it in again but at least you can recover the data. Another one is to install a Roboform app in your cell phone that encrypts the password & supplies you with a simple code. You have to remember the code & if you lose your password, entering the code in the App will enable you to reset the password to a new one in your PC.. The old password is lost forever but who cares; you just reset it to a new one. I found all this stuff out AFTER I lost the password. I should have known better. I've had RF for 12 years, more or less & all these bells & whistles came out later. I never thought too much about it. Oh well.
    Thanks for the help & listening.

#5 Ron Kappes, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020

Motorola Moto Z Play Forum

The Motorola Moto Z Play release date was September 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3510mAh battery.

September 2016
Release Date
Reviews