• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with flashing a rom

New Rising

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2011
I rooted my phone using petes tools then i tried installing the liberty rom but i cant get it. I downloaded it and rebooted into recovery mode and tried to install the rom but it asks me to install sd card then it fails.

install sd/card
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I took the 2 gb sd card i had from my incredible i dont know if that has anything to do with it. Can anyone help me with what im doing wrong?

thanks

I like the idea of reformatting your SD card (be sure you back up your important stuff on your pc), once that is done unplug it from the computer and your notification bar should say "preparing SD card"... meaning its creating all the folders it has to. Just for fun re-download the liberty .zip just to make sure it wasn't a bad download as that sort of thing happens from time to time. Transfer it to the root of your SD card, Reboot recovery, wipe userdata/dalvik/cache 3x, then flash.

There is an option somewhere in the recovery menus that allows you to turn off signature verification if you still run into that issue, although I don't remember having to do that when I flashed liberty. Don't give up you're almost there.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to download it from rom manager, I've reformatted and erased everything on the sd card. I've download liberty and copied it to my sd card. Where should i go from here? I've tried doing it from rom manager with flash clockworkmod or whatever, and have tried rebooting into recovery but it doesn't really seem to work. When I reboot into recovery and try to install the update from sd card then try and install the liberty package i get an error it aborts. I wish someone could just show me how to do this heh :eek:

i've also flashed clockworkmod recovery from rom manager and have tried downloading superuser 3.0.7 straight from rom manager and when it says reboot into recovery mode it just reboots my phone and doesnt take me into the recovery.

Upvote 0
Good to hear! Just use rom manager to update/flash recovery... don't download anything else with it.

Have fun with liberty, there are a TON of options to play around with and customize. I think I spent a whole day just tinkering with it.

While you have a fresh install make a nandroid backup in recovery so you can go back to it just in case anything goes wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones