1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help With Fonts On Rooted Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GlitterRayne, Dec 17, 2012.

1. GlitterRayne

GlitterRayne Lurker

OK before you stop reading I am already rooted and have tried a few things already.
    I am a low vision user of this phone and need help finding a good app that will allow me to make the system fonts larger. I've googled and googled and tried multiple things. I have settled on a screen density changer for now but I don't like how everything falls off the edges of the screen.
    What app would you recommend to change the font to make it larger.
    OR can you direct me to a plain english tut for installing a system font on a rooted device? That way I can just pick a font that looks big to begin with and maybe that'll be better?
    I've tried using font switcher and got this thing that people are calling a "boot loop" So I decided not to use this one.
    Sorry for all the questions today. I'm just really eager to not have to put my phone in my face to read it :)

*Edit*
    ALso it appears that changing the screen density has made everything big but the menus, texting nd email/gmail apps.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davidmargolin

davidmargolin Android Expert

if you're using a sense based rom, there is a font option in settings...

Settings -> Display -> Font Size

will change font size in apps and system ui

3. nerdmastax

nerdmastax Well-Known Member

how low vision are you if i may ask? colorblind? legally blind? just need reading glasses? because i have a freind that is both legally blind and color blind, and i set up his phone and he loves it, and i could try and help you get the most bang for your sight. but it is very likely just changing the font size will help on its own aswell.

4. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

I think that the two of us ought to put our heads together and try to figure this thing out. I've basically been trying to get this to work as well (posted a thread about the same thing too), with no luck. XDA says that this is not one of their Roms, so they don't know how to work it either, and even told me that I should ask here. Go figure.

5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru