1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help with fonts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nostatic, Jun 3, 2011.

1. nostatic

nostatic Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    hi,
    I have an HTC Inspire I have downloaded a better keyboard number eight as well as the unlock key for it. I have also downloaded the open home app. Both five and six as well as the unlock key so that it may become the full version. I have also downloaded font packages from better android developers. My question is, I would like to send text messages with some of the different font styles. And when I downloaded the time packages from the above-mentioned developer it stated that I would have to download the above mentioned items. If I send text messages and use the suggested keyboard with the open home app how can I get the keyboard to use the fonts that I choose to write with, or am I misunderstanding the use of fonts? Would I be able to write a text message with different letter styling from any of the font packs that I have downloaded onto my phone? I would appreciate it if someone can help me out in this matter.
    Thanks, David

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the android forums.

Unfortunately SMS messages carry no font information with them, so even though your phone has custom fonts in the text application, they will only be sent as plain text.

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Hello and welcome to AF

I'm not sure if this is possible using the stock texting app but with something like handcent or go or maybe chomp sms there are font options available in those. Then whatever fonts you got off the market would show up under whatever texting app you decided to use(but not stock from what I have tried on my inspire) so the fancy fonts show on your phone only regular font is sent to the receiver of your message

4. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello David and welcome to Android Forums. I'm afraid you are talking about an app that I'm unfamiliar with. I'd suggest carefully reading the help that came with the software. You might also want to ask your question in this sub forum for android applications: Android Applications - Android Forums
    Good luck