• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Foxfi

Lemo67

Lurker
Mar 26, 2012
I have a samsung galaxy prevail and i am trying to get the free app foxfi.app to work. I activate the hotspot, it starts and i am able to connect to it from my laptop but with no inteernet access. It says"dns server not responding." My 3g network is up and i have all bars. Others with the.same phone have gotten it to work. Can anyone help me please?

When you get that response on your laptop it means that your laptop is not connected to the net, or in this case to your WiFi hot spot from the phone. Check your laptop connection in the Network and Sharing Center (Windows) and make sure your laptop is connecting to the hotspot, in my case the network name form the Phone is Android49. If that is the name of the hot spot put out by your phone you would have to choose to connect to that network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones