• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with froyo 2.21 need help with this!!!

eric281980

Lurker
Jun 6, 2011
i have a rooted motorola backflip and i have all the files downloaded to do the install but when i go to the cmd prompt and type this in android-sdk_r07-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools it says the system can not find the specified path i am a noob at this and any and every bit of helpful advice would be helpful cause i am getting frustrated:mad::mad::mad: with this, i have the device rooted with the superuser app updated on my phone thanks in advance:D:D:D

Is that where you installed it?

Usually a command prompt opens in the users default folder (on XP c:\Documents and Settings\<username> on Vista or 7 c:\users\<username>

Don't forget, you must type "cd" in front of android-sdk_r07-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools or it will try to launch tools instead of changing to the tools directory

Here's a command prompt tip ... type cd plus the first few letters of the directory you wish to change to and then hit the tab key, if there is a match it will fill in the rest. If there is more than one match continue to hit the tab key and it will cycle the selections.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
come on, does no one know how to do this??? or is able to tell me how to fix it?

Where exactly did you install the Android SDK? The command you are typing is rudimentary command line directory management. You should be able to find the tools folder. Are you on Windows XP, 7 or Vista?

Perform a search of your hard drive for "adb.exe" and when you locate it, it should be in the tools folder. Make a note of the complete path. I am going to assume it will find it on drive c:, if it's on a different drive substitute that drive letter in the commands below.

Then open your command prompt (cmd) and type

Code:
cd c:\

This will put you in the root directory of your system hard drive. Next type

cd [complete path noted above ending in "\tools\"] example:

Code:
cd users\myaccount\desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools\

You should see a prompt that looks like this:

Code:
c:\Users\myaccount\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools\>

That should answer your question.

I don't want to appear condescending but I am concerned that if you do not understand basic folder structure, whether you should be attempting to install this update especially since the backflip is an older, underpowered device never intended to receive FroYo. You run a serious risk of rendering your phone inoperable.

Upvote 0
Here's a command prompt tip ... type cd plus the first few letters of the directory you wish to change to and then hit the tab key, if there is a match it will fill in the rest. If there is more than one match continue to hit the tab key and it will cycle the selections.

I didn't know that, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones