• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help! with froyo, Mac only sees external SD ??

lemurdillo

Lurker
Apr 5, 2011
With 2.1 I was able to connect my vibrant to my mac (using the USB debugging enabled trick) and both the internal and external storage would show up in the Finder as two separate "drives", which i could browse, copy to & from, manipulate folders, etc. I upgraded to the 'official' tmo/vibrant froyo (I had to borrow a friend's PC to do this... vmware didn't work) and now *only* the external SD shows up as a drive when I connect via USB.

Doubletwist & Salling Media Sync both still detect and can copy to/from the internal storage; I just can't access it directly myself through OSX anymore.

Anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have a workaround?
Any help on this would be really appreciated.

My Mac hasn't recognized my phone since an update I received around November. Did you recently update your Mac software? I was on 2.1 at that time and haven't been able to get my two favorite electronics to "talk" since then. It's crazy frustrating. I thought about moving to an iphone and then I thought about making my next computer a pc and neither of these options will work for me. I just love them both too much to part with either of them. They need to work out their differences!! :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones