1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General help with galaxy s3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lockedandloaded, Jan 15, 2014.

1. lockedandloaded

None

Jan 15, 2014
    I'm on verizon galaxy s3. I have a process running called smart network everytime I kill it or force stop it starts right back up. Its permissions allow everything imaginable. Does anyone know what this is? And is there anyway to tell for sure if a phone is hacked? I've recently received blank emails as sms. Both fake accounts I believe. The first one was from drfigzsuy@Yahoo.com and the other was iuefx or ieufx @Yahoo.com. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Is your phone rooted? You can't see it as an installed app that you can remove? It's not Verizon bloatware is it? Try factory resetting the phone, backup anything important first, that will put it back to defaults. And if it's still there, then more than likely it's something that either the manufacturer or Verizon added, provided it's not rooted.

The SMSs with emails sounds like spam or scam. Don't know if there's any way you can block them, which is probably all you can do. Seemingly random characters @yahoo.com are often botnet stuff from infected zombie computers.