1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help with GBA emulation

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by willnelli, Jan 7, 2012.

1. willnelli

willnelli Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Hey everyone! I currently use an iPhone but I USED to use a Droid 2. I have factory reset it and now use Wi-fi as my source of internet usage. My other main usage for this extra phone was to be able to play GBA games on it (specifically Pokemon Emerald :/). I have looked at a lot of emulators (GBC A.D., etc) and none of them work when I try to play a .GBA file on my android. I even used a apk of Gameboid because its not on the market any more. Not even with set bios did the game work.

I'm very confused :/ I used to be able to smoothly run pokemon on my droid but now I cannot find a way to :(

I'm asking if there is anyone out there who knows how to, to please tell me :) I am ok with rooting it as well.

Advertisement

2. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

First off, beware the piracy talk around here .. Just because something isn't on the Android market anymore, doesn't mean it is free :)

When you launch the emulator, go into SETTINGS and look under GBA BIOS FILE.. There should be a path to a GBA_BIOS.BIN file - and that file should be in the designated location.

If it IS, and there is a file, it is probably a "dummy" bin file that is there to show you were to put a REAL one.

The file contains copyright information from Nintendo - and I'm sure the mods here would nuke this post if I told you were to actually get a working one.

What I will tell you is that MINE works, and that the MD5 checksum of mine is:

a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

If you find one that matches this, it will probably work.

I'm not sure how much more I can help you without violating the rules of the forum.

3. willnelli

willnelli Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I have viewed all three of my emulators and none of them have any BIOS settings :(

4. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Analyst
    CT
    In your settings go click that link up to that says "GBA BIOS file". A simple file explorer will open and you need to find the bios file used for GBA. Find it and click it and you should be all ready to go.

[​IMG]

5. willnelli

willnelli Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    In all honesty, my Gameboid app doesnt have that selection. Perhaps it is an older version? I have also downloaded the BIOS and installed it but it still doesnt work.

6. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

Well, you're down to a few options here:

1) Your GBA BIOS is zipped, and it doesn't like it.
    2) Your GBA BIOS is dummy file and/or corrupted/doesn't work.
    3) Your GBA BIOS is in the wrong place.