1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root HELP- with Gingerbreak

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nu2moding, Sep 16, 2011.

1. nu2moding

nu2moding Well-Known Member

so gingerbreak's been running for nearly 45 mins now on my optimus m and still no root.
    z4root, same thing. i just got this thing yesterday after apparently destroying the data partition on my m835. im not going flash crazy like i did on the m835, but i DO want root so i can maybe overclock w/ setCPU n remove all the damn bloatware. im gonna try super1click n see what happens...
    whatever the case, how long is too long for gingerbreak to run?
    OH forgot- as of 9-15-2011, brand new optimus m's from metro pcs in atlanta come with 2.2.2- or at least MINE does

Advertisement

2. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Android Enthusiast

On your first question, it shouldn't take 45mins, more like 5-10mins. Also if I'm not wrong, I don't think you can root 2.2.2, you have to downgrade to 2.2.1. But I'll let someone with more knowledge on that chime in with correct info.

3. andamanu

andamanu Member

You are correct on both things you just said.

4. sector4

sector4 Member

You would have to downgrade to 2.2.1 but i am not sure if a stock phone that came 2.2.2 can be downgraded. My 2.2.1 Optimus M could not be downgraded to 2.2. http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/409145-downgrading-putting-stock-rom.html try starting here.

Tags: