1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with hangouts notification and 2 accounts on 1 phone?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by noahj1102, Oct 24, 2014.

1. noahj1102

noahj1102 Well-Known Member

Couple things I can't figure out on my wife's phone.

I have had the Nexus 5 since release last year. I just bought her own this week as well.

First, when using hangouts, she is getting a tone when she sends messages. I have changed the settings to exactly like mine, but it still chimes on sending and receiving on hers. Anyone know how to fix that?

Secondly, in her hangouts settings, it shows her account and mine. In her Google settings, I do have my account listed so she can have Google Music, but I have everything unchecked. So I'm not sure why it shows mine and her accounts in hangouts.

Anyone know how I can fix these?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. noahj1102

I also just noticed that when she sends a messages, not only does she get a tone, she gets the notification of her message as well.

3. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

Are the messages she sent that cause a tone and notification to you? Could it be she's getting that because she's also receiving them on your account?

4. noahj1102

Ah, sure is. How do I disable my account on her phone?

I see it in settings->google account, but I have everything disabled but Google Music

5. noahj1102

OK, I can remove my google account, but she can't use our Google Music account if I do that.

I can also log my account out on the hangout settings and this will stop the notification and tone.

However, if I try to send an attachment through hangouts, it will always ask which account to use, mine or her. Even with my account logged out.

Also of note, I upgraded her from the Nexus 4 and never seen this issue.

6. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

7. noahj1102

Don't know if it matters, but she just uses our Google Music subscription, not my cloud music. She has been using it on her Nexus 4 for over a year. Just now when I upgraded her to the N5, these issues arrive.

8. noahj1102

Well I figured it out pretty simply....

I remembered my wife hated hangouts and used the classic texting app from KitKat.

I downloaded that and..... bam, problem solved.