1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with hard reset please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dann3y456, Feb 6, 2011.

1. dann3y456

dann3y456 Lurker

Hello everyone :) my HTC Desire HD randomly crashed today, and when I tried to boot it back up, I get the boot menu.. The "volume up", "volume down" and "power" buttons use to navigate this menu are not working for some reason, although they worked fine before.. is there any other way I can perform a hard reset? All help is appreciated :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. {LCD}Stelios

{LCD}Stelios Newbie

Menu/settings/SD and phone storage/factory data reset.
    By the way this is a hard reset not a soft.
    This will reset the phone to an out of box state so you will lose any thing that is not backed up.

3. dann3y456

dann3y456 Lurker

I can't actually get on the phone itself :/ I can only get to the boot menu.. and the buttons won't work.. :(

4. dann3y456

dann3y456 Lurker

I don't think you understand my problem, I CANNOT USE THE VOLUME OR POWER BUTTONS, and the phone will not boot. Is there ANY other way to perform a hard reset..?

5. {LCD}Stelios

{LCD}Stelios Newbie

Sorry I didn't realise you couldn't use the buttons at all. I would start a ticket under warranty.:eek:

6. andy_3_913

andy_3_913 Member

is that strictly true?
    i tried that, my desire had had an update before i tried it, update was still there after i did that 2.2.1

i would like a way to reset it to as it was out of box, no updates!
    :)

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

A factory reset only wipes out your data. It leaves you with a fresh install of whatever firmware you're running.

So if you actually want to go back to the original firmware you had, you'll need to reinstall it with the RUU for that firmware.

8. craigmike

craigmike Lurker

Did you manage to sort out this problem?? As I am having exactly the same problem!

Thanks

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews