1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with HBO Go... Please I have 5 days left to return the phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PDConner, Jun 28, 2011.

1. PDConner

PDConner Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Hi, I know I ask alot on this Forum but... I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 that has been rooted only.. nothing done besides rooted.. I cant get HBO Go to work.. I called where I bought it from and they said they could send me a NEW PHONE that hasnt been rooted and see if that fixes the issue.. I wont want to have to go through all that if someone can tell me does this app work on a non rooted Galaxy S2 phone.. I get the app and can see the movies and shows and I click it and it plays the HBO Welcome but then I get only audio and no Video.. Also non of the IM stuff (clients work) that comes in the Social Hub area of the phone. And I cant use the Yahoo! Mail client in the Add accounts.. Can someone please answer these for me so I know what to do with this phone.. Everything worked perfect on the Samsung Infuse from ATT.. Just curious please.. Thanks..

Patrick

Advertisement

2. Larry Sellers

Larry Sellers Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    HBO Go doesnt work with the phone. Its a known bug. Hopefully will be fixed in an update. Not sure about the IM stuff.

3. PDConner

PDConner Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Is this a bug with the PHONE or a bug with it being rooted.. or a bug with the software HBO... I am still trying to figure this all out.. I am used to the iphone ways... I dont know if it is a bug with the phone since it is not a USA phone and that is why it doesnt work and will never work.. or a bug that it doesnt work with gingerbread and will be fixed.. Sorry just paranoid about keeping this phone.. lol