1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Help with HBOOT Please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by savoxis, Oct 10, 2010.

1. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    ODOT Field Services Tech
    Pacific NW
    So.....

Got a new Incredible with the sLCD screen and I have had nothing but problems. I used unrevoked3 and finally got clockwork on by manually flashing the version with sLCD support but I cannot get allot of ROMS to install, they will get stuck on the 1st boot screen with the HTC Incredible branding.

I think this MAY be due to the fact that I cannot get the lastest radio image to flash via HBOOT.

Actually I cannot get any of the images to flash with HBOOT I put the PB31IMG.zip packages provided (making sure its not a zip in a zip ofcourse) on the root directory of my FAT32 sdcard and when I boot into HBOOT it runs thru the checks for files to install and lists PB31IMG.zip but says "No Image!"

I have HBOOT .92.0000, S-OFF, FAT32 SDCard

what am I missing?

Is there a way to flash a radio image thru adb shell like with flash_image? I tried using flash_image but it wont take radio as a valid partition.

I have allot of experience working with the LG Ally so I am well versed in shell commands and whatnot but this H-BOOT thing is new to me. Why is it not playing nice?

Advertisement

2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    This is interesting. I will be watching how this develops. I had not even thought about the sLCD phones changing things as far as rooting and flashing radio firmwares, rom images etc. I would really like to hear from others with the sLCD incredibles give their experiences as well.

3. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    The lcd has nothing to do with hboot. He had a bunk card.