1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Help with htc evo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jadd, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jadd

jadd New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Hi all,
    I am a new HTC evo and having a few issues, hope some one can help.

1. My youtube app is not working. yesterday it stopped working completely and would only give me a black flash and then goes back to the original screen. I rebooted the phone and started working again but not perfectly it is painfully slow, it skips and pauses and finally I get a message saying that there was problems playing the video. tried to uninstall youtube, but couldn't; seem to be preinstalled on the device and no accessible to me. Any remedy?

2. Using qik for video calls; is it limited to EVO users only. In other words, can I use it to call other friends who have other HTC/droid devices or not? When I call some one, do I need to know their qik user ID or can I just call their cell phone numbers? finally is Fring better than Qik?

3. Any update re skype with HTC EVO

Thanks

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    The youtube app seems to go out once in a while. Try going to youtube in the browser for now, and wait a few days.

I have called people with other phones with Qik. You can use their cell number or their qik id. Fring isnt necessarily better, its different so I would try both and see which one you like.

3. jadd

jadd New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    when you call people with Qik, do they have to be registered. I have tried to call other friends, some are even registered, and never seem to get through

4. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010

Yes, I believe they must be registered and have the app installed.

5. DoMMike

DoMMike Member

Jun 14, 2010
  6. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Works for me.

Tags: