1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

help with install ios / root and so....

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Tiptip, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Tiptip

Tiptip Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    hello guys, i just got new S4 phone few weeks ago, and im totaly new to android.
    i wanted to install the latest tuch wiz on it, i do have it now, but its mod by the phone company im in, and i just want the normal latest tuch wiz on my phone.
    now there are millions of tutorials out there about how to do it, but i saw maybe 10 tutorial totally diffrent from each other, some say root, some say non root, and i have no idea what is rooted phone anyhows, so i not really sure what i need to do at all <:
    so i if any1 could give me links to a good step by step tutorial on how to do exactly what i want in the best way it will be awsome... thanks a head...

Advertisement

2. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    Male
    Paramedic
    Germany
    Normally you only get the newest version of TouchWiz by installing the latest ROM provided by Samsung. Don't know about these brew-versions floating around the net...
    Considering that you're relatively new to that Android stuff, I'd say you first read about the pros and contras of rooting your device. In about 98 to 99 percent of the cases you don't need root for your everyday business... It's also possible that you could break your phone by using it, so you should consider that too.

3. Tiptip

Tiptip Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    thank you for the reply.
    i did like u say and i went to read pro and cons for rooting.
    i guess ill root it today <: for me only minus in rooting is people say it can break phone for ever, i guess they know better then me, but as a programer who know about hardware as well i find it hard to belive..
    anyhows thank you ...

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

You also lose your warranty.

5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    I rooted my S3 and factory wiped and flashed a ROM which made a world of difference and got me to Android 4.2.2, which helped immensely with battery life. The last Verizon firmware update literally fried the battery, I was lucky to make it through a six-hour workday without it powering down. Now I leave with over 75% after 10 hours. I was able to also port most of the Samsung apps I used and liked, including S-Memo and S-Voice.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!

who is your carrier? if you like i can move this thread to the appropriate s4 root forum. or you can create a thread in one of the many s4 root forums we have based according to carrier.