1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help with installation of TBGS4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greg schmeg, Jul 12, 2013.

1. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Hey I'm trying to help Tank get from blu Kuban JB to TBGS4. It looks as if its calling for agat's or garwynns kernel, but in the "major issues" section of the OP it says that agat and garwynns kernel may cause boot loop. The known fix is to flash everything with el26.

Is that what I should instruct Tank to do? Try with agat then if he gets boot loop to use el26? Or is it recommended to start with using el26?

Thx :)

Doc likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Doc

Doc Android Expert

You are correct but I have had both TBCS4 and Project X boot loop after the install, easy fix, just do a factory reset and reboot, it worked everytime...;)

soyyo150 and greg schmeg like this.
  3. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Nothing like a good swift kick in the brain pan to get the phone running lol. I have a tendency to do a reset on flashing a new ROM unless I am trying a dirty flash.

Doc likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Yep it doesn't happen that often but it does, I had to do it on GC01, Project X and Touched and its probably something I did wrong lmao, but doing a factory reset seems to do the trick sometimes...........:D:p:)

5. Tank2211

Tank2211 Well-Known Member

this didn't work.. just kept failing.

6. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Ok what recovery are you running.........

And what is it doing after you install the rom...

7. Tank2211

agats recovery and it wont let me install the rom.. keeps failing

8. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Ok did u download it straight to your phone or did you download from your computer and then moved it to your ext sd card :thinking:

9. Tank2211

downloaded it to the computer then sent it over to my phone. redownloading the files now so I can make sure I didn't get a bad download.

10. Doc

Doc Android Expert

So we are clear, before you do the install, wipe partition cache, wipe dalvik cache, install rom. Now if it boot loops just do a factory reset not a complete reinstall of the rom......

11. Tank2211

this is what I was doing... wipe everything then flash BK recovery, flash agat kernal, then wipe everything again, flash TBS4 then GB27 zip, then reboot

12. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Ok what does it do or say when you reboot

13. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Ok flash BK what is that.....

14. Tank2211

Blu Kuban.. Greg told me to jump back into the recovery I have of it.. not trying to throw him under the bus or anything by that statement. but he's been helping me switch roms the few times I have.

15. Doc

Doc Android Expert

No worries:), ok if you have agats recovery, which if your running Blu it should be, all you need to do is go to into recovery, click install from sd card, go to the rom and install, that's it. Of course wipe partition cache and dalvik cache before the install.

16. Tank2211

Thinking I have a bad download.. just tried again and this is what I got. E: Cant open /sdcard/TBSGS4_V2.1_GB27.zip(bad) Installation aborted.

17. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Interesting and you downloaded this to your computer right....

18. Tank2211

19. Tank2211

got it to work.. turns out the first ROM zip was a bad download. thanks again guys.. id be stuck in basic root if it wasn't for y'all helping me.. lol

Doc likes this.
  20. Tank2211

I noticed the Sprint Hotspot. Is this what I use for tethering? I am on it now writing this but I don't want to use it if I will be charged.

Doc likes this.
  21. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Well it will use your data up and if your like me I get 2.5 of data till they throttle it, you can pay extra, mine is 10 extra amonth for the feature....

Glad you got it installed dude lol...............;)

22. Tank2211

trying to avoid paying more than what I do at the moment.. was why I asked. I love it so far and very happy to see everything is working well.

23. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Its a great rom, I switch between this one and Project X, I cant decide which one I like the most lol there both great..............:D;)

24. i4cbj45

i4cbj45 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if one would be as kind as to perhaps give " exact " instructions to an AOSP person as how to get this rom going with no hiccups if coming from stock rooted. I've never flashed anything but AOSP roms and just wanna make sure I et it right, Thanks in advance.

25. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Doc likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews