1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with issues with personal ringtones on tbolt?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by beenr271, Apr 27, 2011.

1. beenr271

beenr271 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    HELP! I have 3 personalized ringtones for 3 different contacts. When I first set them up on my Thunderbolt last week, they worked fine for the first time I got a call from those contacts. Then, all of a sudden, it reverted back to the "everyone" ringtone I had set on the phone (which is what rang for everyone else in my contact list) for subsequent calls. This has happened numerous times where it will work for the first time after I go back in and reset them all up again, and then it reverts back. I keep doing this over and over and I have no idea why it's reverting back to the "everyone" ringtone. Can anyone help or give me an idea on how I can fix this?!?

Thanks!:)

Advertisement

2. xtatersaladx

xtatersaladx Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Same problem!

3. beenr271

None

Apr 20, 2011
    I thought it was just me! This actually makes me very disheartened to hear that you are having the same issue! My bfriend says it's probably the HTC Sense overlay, but I have no idea how to get rid of that or to do something to make it work. It's kind of a standard thing to have ringtones for different people.. I wouldn't think that would be too much to ask of HTC to still have that feature work!? I have reset everything and it's working again (for now). I wonder if turning the phone off and on resets something? I don't know for sure if that's when it resets itself, but I'll start paying attention..

Have you noticed a certain time when it resets back to the "default" ringtone?

xtatersaladx likes this.
  4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Maybe if you start a third thread about this issue you're question will get answered quicker :rolleyes:

5. beenr271

None

Apr 20, 2011
    I think 2 is enough. Still no answer though.. Apparently no one knows the answer. Not even Senior Members.

6. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Male
    Yep, this just started happening to me today. My wife is the only unique ringtone personal ringtone I have, and it has been working fine for the couple weeks I've had the phone, and then suddenly last night it stopped. It's weird.

7. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    Ohio
    Do you sync your contacts with Facebook or Twitter? I didn't notice this happening until I synced with my Facebook account. Also, I keep setting a non Facebook photo as the contact photo and it keeps going back to the facebook pic. I think this is a similar problem caused by the sense interface. Thoughts?

8. beenr271

None

Apr 20, 2011
    I don't sync my contacts with Facebook...

9. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Police Dispatcher
    TN
    It happens occasionally on mine as well. On mine, only my husband has a different ringtone than that of everyone else. Sometimes is rings his ringtone, and sometimes it rings everyone's ringtone. I haven't been able to figure out if there's certain times it does that or what.

10. beenr271

None

Apr 20, 2011
    I've learned some more information on this; however, still haven't gotten it perfected. Someone else (friend of friend) with a tbolt said they had to go into each contact and "unsync" it with Google. I don't see anywhere in the contact profiles where it says anything about syncing, and I don't see anything on my Gmail account where it's sync'd either. Does this maybe ring a bell for any of you? I'm still struggling with it.. sometimes it rings right, other times it doesn't..