• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with IT Major Project - is my idea possible?

Sol_Sanctum

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
Hey guys, new user here.

I've come up with an idea for my major project for my bachelor of IT (Software Engineering). What we'd like to do is create a memo app that is easily accessible from any screen. Specifically, we'd like to be able to swipe it onto the screen from a certain position, similar to swiping down the settings/notification window. Is this possible? If it is, what would be the best way to approach this problem? I've had very small experience coding android apps using xamarin, but I'm guessing this would need to be some kind of widget?

The dream would be to create an app that lets you leave a note (or several) for yourself, that's easy to bring in, and can be flicked away at any time. We're also planning to utilise cloud backup, and the ability to pin certain notes to the unlock screen.

Thanks for your help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones