1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root help with kernals

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ealcalde89, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ealcalde89

ealcalde89 Lurker

does anyone know what can be the best kernal as far as battery life/performance for my rom..i am using kings ultra froyo unleashed and my battery drains a bit to fast for my liking.
    thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

First of all welcome to the forums, there are already many threads talking about kernels on this forum but I will answer your question. Kernels vary from phone to phone, a kernel that is good on my phone may not be good on yours, a good one to start with though is the one in my signature, it is one a lot of people use here. If it makes your phone start messing up such as random reboots or screen tearing or anything out of the ordinary try the same one just with less HAVS, if the problems continue use the same one with no HAVS. In general you want to stay away from SBC kernels some people like them but they have been know to mess things up pretty badly. Also if you do look for other kernels make sure it is one built for Sense and not AOSP.

ealcalde89 likes this.
  3. ealcalde89

ealcalde89 Lurker

thanks man, i was thinking about using that kernal you suggested because i have seen it a lot in the forums. just wanted to get a little more info on it.
    thanks again il flash that kernal now.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

If you are using a sense rom, flash a kernel that's used for a sense rom, same thing for AOSP roms, flash an AOSP kernel